Yesterday my firstborn turned 18. Yep, you read that right...18. What a milestone birthday. I can hardly believe how fast those years have gone by. I have to say, I wasn't really sad about it. This is an exciting time for David--a new chapter in his life is about to begin.
Of course, I thought about things over the years that I wished I had done differently (Warning: conditions are favorable for some Mommy Guilt here). I had started a journal when he was little...didn't keep that up. I started to make a list of funny things he said...didn't keep that up (plus there were really too many to list), never put notes in his lunchbox (okay, maybe once or twice), got store-bought cakes for the last few birthdays (gasp!). Oh, I could go on and on.
But I did sit down yesterday and write a heartfelt letter to him. Things I certainly could have said to him face to face, but I liked the idea of a letter more. I am just so proud of the person he has become.
Now I wish that I had written him a letter every year! Mommy Guilt never goes away...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments...